*Spray foil with cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Lightly spray baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- Cut 11 inch diameter flour tortillas into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Spread all the tortilla chips over the bottom of the dish.
- Layer in the following order: half of black beans (15 oz), 2 cups of cheese, and half of the flour tortilla strips. Then add the chicken and pour the 3 cups of salsa over the it.
- Next, layer in the following order: 2 cups of cheese, remaining flour tortilla strips, and remaining (15 oz) of black beans.
- Spread 2 cups of cheese over top.
- Cover with foil* and bake 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with extra salsa if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 x 13-inch baking dish
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed|
|-||30 ounces black beans, drained|
|-||2 1/2 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed|
|-||4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or use a blend)|
|-||2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or use a blend)|
|-||4 large 11 inch diameter flour tortillas, sliced|
|-||3 cups salsa - any flavor|
|-||4 ounces can of green chilies, chopped (optional)|