- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add milk, vanilla and egg, mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa, melted chocolate, baking powder and baking soda. Blend until smooth.
- Divide dough into two and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Roll out one of the dough portions onto lightly floured surface to approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Using an approximate 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut as many rounds from the dough as possible.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut out center of half of the cookies with any Halloween shaped 1-inch cookie cutter.
- Bake all for approximately 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
- While cookies are cooling, make the frosting.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix on low speed and gradually add the milk until the frosting is the consistency you like.
- Add any color of food coloring desired and mix.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of frosting on each cookie bottom, top with cut-out cookie.
- Allow to sit before serving.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|-||1 cup butter, softened|
|-||1 cup granulated sugar|
|-||1/4 cup milk|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|-||1 large egg|
|-||2 3/4 cups flour|
|-||1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa|
|-||1 square unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled|
|-||3/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||4 cups powdered sugar|
|-||1/2 cup butter, softened|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||2 tablespoons milk|
|-|| Food coloring of choice|