Almond, Apricot and Cream Cheese Crostata - Recipe
|Inventive, eye-catching dessert, bursting with apricots and given added flavor with almond paste, cream cheese, amoretti cookies, and vanilla.|
|view recipe online: https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2688/almond-apricot-and-cream-cheese-crostata.asp|
Cooks Note: This recipe is made with Archway Amoretti cookies (3 crushed).
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Blend almond paste and 3 tablespoons of sugar in processor until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Unroll crust on baking sheet.
- Spread cream cheese filling over crust, leaving 1 1/2 inch border around edge.
- Arrange apricot quarters, rounded side down, in spoke pattern in two circles on top of filling.
- Fold dough border up and over the edge of the filling and apricots.
- Brush exposed apricots with warm jam.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar. (May brush outside crust with eggwhite.)
- Bake crostata until the crust is golden brown and the apricots are tender and slightly brown, 40-45 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with crushed amoretti cookies.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Almond paste can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: baking sheet
|-||3 1/2 ounces almond paste |
|-||3 1/2 tablespoons sugar, granulated -divided|
|-||3 ounces cream cheese - cut into cubes|
|-||1 large egg yolk|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|-||1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust at room temperature or your favorite pie crust recipe|
|-||6 apricots - large, quartered, pitted|
|-||1/4 cup apricot jam - heated|
|-||3 crushed amoretti cookies (Italian Macaroons)|
|Copyright 1999-2021 - Tecstra Systems Corporation/RecipeTips.com - All Rights Reserved|