- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 7 x 11 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. PurÃ©e corn briefly in a food processor. Combine purÃ©ed corn, stock, masa harina, creamed corn, baking powder and butter in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine black beans, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, tomato purÃ©e and green chilies in a large bowl.
- Spread 2/3 of masa corn mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Layer bean mixture and then cheese. Top with remaining masa corn mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve with Salsa.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 7 x 11 baking dish, large bowl
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
|-||2 cups 4 ears of corn, cooked, cut off cob|
|-||1 cup chicken or vegetable stock|
|-||1 cup masa harina|
|-||1 can (16 oz.) canned creamed corn|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|-||2 cans (15 oz. ea.) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1 teaspoon chili powder|
|-||1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-|| pinch cayanne pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|-||1/4 cup tomato puree|
|-||1 can (4 1/2 oz.) diced green chilies|
|-||2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded|