- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and corn to skillet.
- Saute until the onions are translucent, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, cream, cornbread and one cup of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with diced or sliced jalapenos.
- Place pan in a water bath.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 8x8 square baking pan
|-||1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|-||1/2 cup diced yellow onion|
|-||4 ears of fresh sweet corn, kernels removed|
|-||4 large eggs - slightly beaten|
|-||2 cups heavy cream|
|-||4 cups cornbread, crumbled|
|-||8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, shredded, approximately 2 cups|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, thinly sliced or chopped. More if desired.|