- In a small bowl, whisk yeast and water until yeast is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the flours, salt and sugar for approximately 5 seconds.
- With the machine running, slowly add liquid through the top feed slot. Continue to process until the dough forms a sticky ball and pulls away from the sides of the processor, approximately 1 /12 - 2 minutes.
- If the dough is too sticky, add 1-2 teaspoons of flour, if it is too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Divide dough into two equal portions and shap into smooth balls.
- Place on a floured surface not closer than 5 inches apart.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Let rise until they have doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500°. Place rack on the lowest setting and place the pizza stone onto it to preheat as well.
- Dust the dough with flour.
- Using the palms of your hands, press the dough into an 8 inch disk. Working along the outside edges, stretch the dough into a 12 inch circle.
- Transfer circle to the preheated pizza stone.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely or add your favorite pizza toppings.
|Prep Time: 1.5 hours|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: pizza stone
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast|
|-||1 cup room temperature water|
|-||1 3/4 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 cup cake flour|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|-||2 teaspoons sugar|