- In a mixer, on low speed, combine flour, sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and mix on low until it is crumbly.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment or waxed paper, or dust bottom with flour.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a mixer, cream butter, sugar, salt,and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time until all are incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture until almost incorporated.
- Remove from mixer and continue to blend by hand. The batter will be heavy and thick. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan. You will need to use a spatula to spread the batter evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the top with the streusel.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Run a butter knife around the inside edge of the cake pan to loosen the cake from the pan. Tip the pan and remove the cake. Cut into wedges and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 inch cake pan
|-||1/2 cup flour|
|-||1/2 cup packed brown sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1 pinch salt|
|-||4 tablespoons softened butter|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder|
|-||10 tablespoons softened butter|
|-||2/3 cup sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|-||2 large eggs, room temperature|
|-||2 pints fresh blueberries, not canned|