- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth. Break off the stems and trim off the ends. Set caps aside. Finely chop the stems.
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil, green onions, and mushroom stems. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring well. Add bread crumbs, seitan, marjoram, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pack the filling in the cavities of the mushroom caps.
- Brush a skillet lightly with oil and place the caps in the skillet, filled side up. Brown the caps for a minute or two, reduce heat, and add stock to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- The caps can also be baked uncovered at 375° F. for 15-20 minutes.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: heavy skillet
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil|
|-||2 green onions, finely chopped|
|-||1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|-||1/2 cup seitan|
|-||1 teaspoon marjoram|
|-||1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 1/2 pounds mushrooms - your favorite variety|
|-||1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock (or broth)|