- Rinse the sugar snap peas and then snap the stem end off the pods. Cut the pods diagonally into small pieces.
- If using head cabbage, cut into thin slices. Place cabbage and peas into a large bowl for mixing. Toss the sugar snap peas and cabbage together until evenly distributed.
- In a smaller bowl, add the buttermilk (shake before adding), sour cream, dill, garlic, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the peas and cabbage and stir until well coated.
- Pour the cole slaw into a smaller bowl and cover with plastic or place in an airtight container. Refrigerate until well chilled. Approximately 2 hours.
- When thoroughly chilled, the cole slaw is ready to serve.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
|-||2 cups diagonally sliced sugar snap peas (8 oz. of whole peas)|
|-||7 cups thinly slice cabbage (or 1 lb. bag of preshredded)|
|-||6 tablespoons buttermilk|
|-||1/4 cup sour cream|
|-||2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp. dried)|
|-||1 clove garlic, minced|
|-||1/2 tablespoon sugar|
|-||1/2 tablespoon white vinegar|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|