To Make Chocolate Cream:
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer or whisk until it begins to hold a loose peak. Sift the sugar into the cream. Continue beating until the cream holds a firm but soft peak. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Place the chocolate in a medium sized, microwaveable bowl. Melt the chocolate in microwave, at half power, using 30 second intervals until softened and warm (the chocolate can also be melted in a double boiler, if desired). Whisk until smooth.
- Fold approximately 1/2 cup of whipped cream into the warm chocolate to lighten it. Add lightened chocolate mixture back into the remaining whipped cream, folding until completely smooth.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Make Puff Pastry:
- Preheat oven to 400Âº F.
- Boil water and butter in a small sauce pan. Add flour and stir briskly over low flame until a ball forms.
- Remove mixture from heat and beat in eggs, with a wooden spoon, one at a time in order to keep batter smooth. Continue to beat with wooden spoon until smooth.
- With a table spoon, drop dough onto ungreased pan 3-inches apart.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until lightly browned in order to open up the inner texture. Cooking for less time results in a sticky inner dough and more of a closed texture. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- When cool, cut pastries almost in half leaving approximately 1/4 inch attached to hold the pastry together.
- Fill the center with chocolate whipped cream as you would a sandwich. Can drizzle with extra melted chocolate, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 each
|-|| Chocolate Whipped Cream Ingredients:|
|-||2 cups heavy cream|
|-||2 tablespoons powdered sugar|
|-||4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, broken up into small pieces.|
|-|| Puff Pastry Ingredients:|
|-||2 cups water|
|-||2 sticks butter|
|-||2 cups flour|