- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick vegetable oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and cereal. Allow mixture to stand until milk is absorbed into cereal, approximately 5 minutes. Add oil, egg, vanilla, raisins, and orange peel to cereal mixture and stir to combine well.
- Add flour mixture to cereal mixture and stir just until combined. Divide evenly into prepared muffin tray.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove muffins from the tin and place on wire cooling rack.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: 12 cup muffin tin, muffin liners optional
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (or combination of whole wheat and white)|
|-||1/2 cup sugar (may decrease to 1/3 cup)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 tablespoon baking powder|
|-||2 cups All -Bran Cereal|
|-||1 1/4 cups fat free milk|
|-||1 egg (or 2 egg whites)|
|-||1/4 cup canola oil|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 teaspoon orange peel (optional)|
|-||1/2 cup raisins (optional)|