- Mix cake mix with water, oil, and eggs according to package directions. Pour batter into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
- For frosting: mix powdered sugar, water, corn syrup, vanilla, and butter together until thick and creamy. When cake is cool, frost the entire cake with the frosting.
- Slice strawberries in half length wise and allow them to drain on a paper towels while you arrange the blueberries. Lay the fruit out on the cake into a flag pattern as shown.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: 9 x 12 baking pan
|-||1 box yellow cake mix|
|-||1 cup water|
|-||1 cup oil|
|-||2 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons water|
|-||1 teaspoon light corn syrup|
|-||1 tablespoon soft butter|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|-||1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and dried|
|-||1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried|