- Combine water, orange peel, sugar and ginger in a small pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 45 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
- Uncover, turn off heat and add orange liqueur, honey and orange juice. Allow to cool.
- Place prepared fruit into a 10 cup container. Pour cooled orange juice mixture over prepared fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Garnish as desired with a sprig of mint, an edible flower or something similar.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: sauce pan and 10 cup or larger covered container
|-||1/2 cup water|
|-||1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel|
|-||1 tablespoon sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger|
|-||1/2 cup orange liqueur|
|-||1/3 cup juice from 1 medium orange (approximately 1/3 cup)|
|-||1/4 cup honey|
|-||6 cups to 8 cups fresh fruit of your choice, cut into large bite sized pieces|
|-|| Fruit suggestions: Melons, kiwis, pears, apples, grapes, mangos, oranges, strawberries.|