- Roll out thawed bread dough into a rectangle approximately 12 x 18 inches. Spread mayonnaise down the center of the dough leaving approximately 3 inches on each side. Sprinkle with dry onion and Italian seasoning.
- Layer with 3 slices of Swiss cheese, 6 slices of ham, 6 slices of smoked turkey. Then add an additional 3 slices of Swiss cheese, 3 slices of ham and 3 slices of smoked turkey.
- Slice approximately 3 inch long slits into the dough 1 1/2 inches apart on each side. Cut in to the center where the cheese and meat are layered. Wrap the cut pieces up around the meat and cheese and then criss-cross them one on top of the other. Continue down the length of the sandwich.
- Beat the egg whites and water together and brush the top of the loaf with the mixture. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in a 375° F. oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Better served warm, but may also be served cold.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
|-||1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed|
|-||5 ounces ham|
|-||5 ounces smoked turkey|
|-||5 ounces swiss cheese|
|-||1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|-||1 teaspoon dry onion flakes|
|-||1 tablespoon water|
|-||1 egg, separated|