- Spray cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together sugar, vanilla and oil. Add eggs and continue beating until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, sift flour, salt, soda, and baking powder. Add this mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in by hand the oatmeal and M & M's until combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon full onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack. Allow cookies to completely cool on wire rack.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: Cookie sheet, lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
|-||2 cups white sugar|
|-||1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||2 cups all purpose flour|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||2 cups quick cooking oatmeal|
|-||1 cup M & M's|