- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients, except spinach and cheese, in a large bowl.
- Stem and cook the spinach (or thaw, if frozen) and squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper. On the waxed paper, shape the meat mixture into a neat rectangle about 9 inches by 13 inches, keeping the thickness as even as possible. Spread the chopped spinach over the meat. crumble the cheese and distribute over the spinach..
- Starting from a short side, use the waxed paper to help roll up the meat, jelly-roll fashion, into a log. With moistened fingers, press and pat the ends shut and seal up any cracks that develop.
- Slide the waxed paper away from the meat log and bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes, or to 160° at the center.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes to firm up, then cut into thick slices and serve.
- TIP: Use the extra space on the baking sheet to roast potatoes or other root vegetables, cut into 1" cubes, along with the meatloaf.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: rimmed baking sheet
Serving Size: 6 ounces
|-||2 pounds lean ground meat, preferably a mixture of beef, pork and veal or lamb|
|-||3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs|
|-||2 carrots, finely grated|
|-||1 onion, finely grated|
|-||1 teaspoon salt, plus freshly ground pepper to taste|
|-||1 teaspoon crumbled dried herb (oregano, marjoram, etc) or more|
|-||1 pound fresh spinach, or 10 oz frozen|
|-||2 ounces feta cheese|