- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, milk, eggs, root beer extract, and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough in 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon-size balls onto prepared cookie sheet. Place the dough balls approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are just turning brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, half and half, butter, and root beer extract; mix until smooth.
- Frost each cookie. Make sure the frosting is set before storing the cookies in an airtight container.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: Cookie sheet or baking stone
|-|| COOKIE DOUGH:|
|-||1 cup granulated sugar|
|-||1 cup packed brown sugar|
|-||1 cup butter or margarine, softened|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||2 teaspoons root beer extract|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||4 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons half and half|
|-||2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened|
|-||1 teaspoon root beer extract|