- In a medium sized skillet, brown sausage, onion, and mushrooms until the sausage is cooked through, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Remove sausage mixture from skillet and set aside. Add hash browns to skillet and cook approximately 5-6 minutes; then turn over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper; and then pour meat mixture on top of cooked hash browns before stirring in the egg mixture.
- Cook until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve while warm. Garnish with salsa, if desired.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: 8 inch round heavy skillet
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||3/4 pound fresh ground Italian sausage|
|-||2 tablespoons onion, chopped|
|-||4 ounces sliced mushrooms (drained, if canned)|
|-||2 cups hashbrown potatoes (refrigerated)|
|-||8 large eggs|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 dash pepper|
|-||1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded|