- Remove crusts from 12-14 slices of firm white bread.
- Tear each slice into approximately 8 pieces and place in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with meat, vegetables and cheese.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, mustard, and seasonings together. Pour over the top of the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bring the dish to room temperature and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake uncovered 60-70 minutes or until the center of the egg bake looks set.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or room temperature.
- Garnish with salsa if desired.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||14 slices of white bread - crusts removed|
|-||1 pound pork sausage - cooked and crumbled or ham cubed|
|-||3 cups shredded cheese - any variety or combination|
|-||12 eggs, slightly beated|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard or prepared yellow mustard|
|-||1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped|
|-||3 tablespoons dried onion|
|-||1 tablespoon dried minced garlic|
|-||1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano (optional)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon freshly ground or coarse ground black pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-|| salsa for garnish if desired|