- Pick over beans to remove any debris. Soak overnight, drain and rinse. Cover by several inches with fresh water and simmer for an hour.
- Drain, rinse well, and cover with salted water (about 1 tablespoon per quart of water). Refrigerate.
- Repeat this process every day for 5 days, or until the soaking brine is no longer bitter.
- Beans will keep for weeks, covered with lightly salted water and refrigerated.
- To serve as a snack, drain desired quantity of beans, drizzle with olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
|Prep Time: 6 or more hours|
|-||1 pound dried lupini beans|
|-|| salt, as needed|
|-|| olive oil and black pepper, as needed|