- Rinse rice in cold water using a colander.
- In a large sauce pan, bring 4Â½ cups of water to a boil. Add salt as the water begins to boil, then add rice, and turn heat to simmer. Cook, in a covered sauce pan, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove rice from heat, allow rice to rest (covered) for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, chop dried mushrooms, and rehydrate according to package directions. Drain water from mushrooms (reserving mushroom water for later use). In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, the soy sauce, red wine, salt, honey, and corn starch and marinate mushrooms in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet sautÃ© turkey sausage, Chinese sausage, and green onions over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until sausage appears thoroughly cooked. Add marinated mushrooms to skillet and continue sautÃ©eing for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add reserved water from mushrooms as needed to prevent ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the skillet. Transfer ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- Add sesame oil to skillet and sautÃ© shrimp for 2 minutes. Stir in meat and mushroom mixture and add water chestnuts and 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring to combine. Turn off heat and stir in peas.
- Serve over rice or mix all together, if desired.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
Container: large heavy sauce pan, large skillet, large serving container
|-||3 cups raw jasmine rice|
|-||4 1/2 cups water|
|-||3 teaspoons salt|
|-||2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms|
|-||3 tablespoons oyster sauce, divided|
|-||2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|-||2 tablespoons corn starch|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 tablespoon honey|
|-||2 tablespoons red wine|
|-||3 to 4 links Chinese style sausage, diced|
|-||4 to 6 links turkey sausage, chopped|
|-||1 bunch green onions, sliced|
|-||1 pound shrimp (frozen, remove tails and cut into thirds)|
|-||2 tablespoons sesame oil|
|-||1 cup water chestnuts, coarsely chopped|
|-||1 cup frozen baby green peas|