- Have ready 4 half-pint jars with suitable lids, if planning to process in a water bath. If not, any container(s) totalling 1 quart will do. Remove zest and then juice the fruits. There should be about 1 cup total juice.
- Heat all ingredients together over low heat until sugar has dissolved, 3 - 4 minutes. Raise heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon jam into containers. If processing, leave 1/4th inch of headspace in the jars and process while hot. If refrigerating or freezing, cool to room temperature first.
- This jam will keep, refrigerated, for weeks, but for longer storage, freeze or process in a water bath.
- Although the jam can be used immediately, the flavor improves after a few days.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
|-||1 pound carrots, peeled and grated (about 4 cups)|
|-||1 orange, juice and finely chopped zest|
|-||1 lemon, juice and finely chopped zest|
|-||1 lime, juice and finely chopped zest|
|-||3 cups sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|