- Generously oil roasting pan(s) or baking sheet(s) large enough to hold the chicken pieces without touching. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix seasonings together, blending well, in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Separate each whole wing into 3 sections at the joints. Save tips for use in stock or discard. Snip off any pieces of fat or loose skin. (Scissors work better than a knife.) Roll each wing section in seasoning mix and place on prepared pan so it doesn't touch others to allow for browning.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, remove from oven, and turn pieces. Return to oven for another 12-15 minutes, or until done. Cut into a meaty section to check for doneness.
- Good hot, cold, or room temperature.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: oven proof pan or baking sheet
|-||2 pounds whole chicken wings|
|-||2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|-||1 tablespoon dried basil, finely crumbled|
|-||1 teaspoon dried oregano, finely crumbled|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon paprika (optional)|