- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Boil water, sugar, and butter in a small sauce pan. Add flour and stir briskly over low flame until a ball forms. Remove mixture from heat and beat in eggs, with spoons, one at a time. Beat with spoons until smooth.
- For a smaller dessert puff pastry use a kitchen spoon similar to a tablespoon, to drop dough onto ungreased pan, placing dough 3-inches apart. If a larger puff is desired, use a serving spoon for portioning the dough onto the ungreased pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until lightly browned. As the crust browns the inside opens up. Cooking for less time results in a sticky inner dough and a less open texture.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- When cream puffs have cooled, slice in half.
- Place a small scoop of ice cream between the two halves.
- Drizzle cream puffs with chocolate syrup.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||2 cups water|
|-||2 sticks butter|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 tablespoon sugar|
|-||1 container of vanilla ice cream|
|-|| chocolate syrup|