Mexican Wedding Cakes - Recipe
|Also known as butterballs, Russian tea cakes, and Swedish tea cakes, these rich, buttery cookies, filled with chopped nuts, are a traditional favorite during the Holidays.|
|view recipe online: https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2278/mexican-wedding-cakes.asp|
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer; then gradually mix in the sugar.
- Blend in the salt, vanilla, flour, and pecans. The resulting dough will be stiff.
- Pinch off small pieces of the dough and roll into balls.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 400Â°F.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and roll them in powdered sugar while still hot.
- Place the cookies on wax paper to cool.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 2
|-||1 cup butter|
|-||1/2 cup powdered sugar|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1/2 cup finely chopped pecans|
|-|| Additional powdered sugar (for coating the cookies after baking)|
|Copyright 1999-2020 - Tecstra Systems Corporation/RecipeTips.com - All Rights Reserved|