- Using a pastry blender or fork, combine the butter, flour, and brown sugar until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture into an ungreased 9" x 13" pan.
- Sprinkle the crust with the pecan pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Drizzle the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 350Â°F.
- Immediately after removing the crust from the oven, sprinkle it with chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate chips to stand for 5 minutes so that they will melt; then spread evenly over the surface of the bars.
- Let the bars cool; then cut them into the desired serving size.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|-||1/2 cup butter|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 cup pecan pieces|
|-|| CARAMEL LAYER:|
|-||2/3 cup butter|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 cup milk chocolate chips|