- If using oven instead of a slow cooker, preheat to 350° F.
- Place 5 to 6 pounds of roast beef in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix together dry soup, black pepper and concentrated beef soup base.
- Pour soup base mixture over roast beef.
- Add water to pan to cover half the roast beef. Omit water, if using a slow cooker.
- Oven bake a minimum of 4 hours, or for a slow cooker, set temperature on high for 20 minutes, then cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Meat is finished cooking when it pulls apart easily. Allow meat to cool, then shred.
- Skim any excess fat off of remaining juices. Place meat into juices and reheat for serving.
- For beef dipping sauce, use a condensed beef consomme. Add water, prepare according to can instructions, and serve hot.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: Dutch oven or crockpot
Serving Size: 4 ounces
|-||5 pounds roast beef|
|-||1 packet dry onion soup mix|
|-||1 tablespoon black pepper|
|-||1/4 cup beef soup base (very concentrated)|
|-|| water - to cover half the roast beef|
|-||20 hoagie buns|
|-||30 ounces of condensed beef consomme|