- Preheat oven on low to keep cakes warm until serving.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Add eggs & buttermilk. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat prepared aebleskiver pan over medium high heat.
Tip: Test temperature and heat by cooking 1 or 2 aebleskivers prior to making a whole batch.
- Fill aebleskiver molds 2/3 full with batter. Drop 1 teaspoon of apple sauce or fruit onto center of batter. Cook until the edges underneath become slightly browned, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Turn aebleskivers over carefully and continue cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan. The aebleskivers deflate some once removed from the pan.
- Place in preheated oven until ready to serve.
Serve with butter, hot syrup, additional fruit or dust with powdered sugar.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: Aebleskiver pan, prepared with cooking spray or lightly buttered
|-||1 1/2 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon soda|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 eggs, beaten|
|-||2 cups buttermilk|
|-||1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)|
|-||1/2 cup apple sauce, or cooked fruit of your choice|
|-|| Optional topping: butter, hot syrup|