- Put 2 - 3 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot and heat.
- Trim and wash leek: cut off dark green top, leaving white and light green parts. Slice in half lengthwise, wash under running water, and chop finely. Slice the mushrooms ( drain, if using canned).
- Heat oil and butter in skillet. Add leeks and mushrooms, cooking until leeks are tender, 5 - 8 minutes. Add wine or water, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, add spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- While spaghetti cooks, mix together eggs, Half and Half, salt, pepper, nutmeg (if using) and cheese.
- When spaghetti is just barely done, drain and add to leeks. Stir to mix well. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley, if using,
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 10 or 12 inch skillet
Serving Size: 2 cups
|-||1 large leek|
|-||1 box fresh mushrooms (4 - 8 oz) or use canned|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 tablespoon butter|
|-||1/2 cup dry white wine or water|
|-||4 ounces spaghetti or other pasta|
|-||1/4 cup Half and Half or cream|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for the spaghetti water|
|-|| freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|-||1 very small pinch nutmeg (optional)|
|-||1/4 cup grated cheese|
|-|| parsley, for garnish (optional)|