- Sort and rinse beans to remove any small bits of debris. Add to the slow cooker.
- Chop onions, green pepper, and garlic. Add to the slow cooker.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt into the meat and sautÃ© until no pink remains. Drain off the fat and add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for about 6 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, taste to determine if more salt or chili powder is needed.
|Container: slow cooker and medium skillet|
Serving Size: 2 cups
|-||1 cup dried pinto beans|
|-||1 quart tomato juice|
|-||1 can tomato paste (6 oz)|
|-||1 large green pepper|
|-||1 large onion|
|-||4 cloves garlic|
|-||2 tablespoons chili powder|
|-||1 pound ground beef (or other ground meat of your choice)|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-|| freshly ground black pepper, to taste|