- Preheat oven to 375Âº F.
- Toast bread in a toaster or by placing the bread on a large baking sheet and putting the sheet in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Place prepared fruit and raisins in a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Put the fruit mixture in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until softened, approximately 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Tear toasted bread into pieces (6 to 8 pieces per slice) and place in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour cooked fruit over bread and spread evenly.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and remaining sugar together. Pour egg mixture over fruit. Allow bread pudding to set at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Using a hot water bath, bake the pudding 35 to 45 minutes or until the pudding is slightly set. Remove from water bath and cool completely before serving.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||8 slices cinnamon bread|
|-||1 large apple, peeled and sliced thin|
|-||1 large pear, peeled and sliced|
|-||1/3 cup sugar, divided (less if desired)|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||6 eggs, slightly beaten|
|-||3 cups skim milk|
|-||1/2 cup raisins|