- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, zucchini, sugar, cheese, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium size bowl and add buttermilk, beaten eggs and onion. Stir. Pour this mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Test for doneness with toothpick. When done, remove from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
*Drain zucchini on a dish towel or a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9" x 5" loaf pan
|-||3 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 cup zucchini, peeled and shredded*|
|-||1/3 cup sugar|
|-||3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (more if desired)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/3 cup butter|
|-||1 cup buttermilk|
|-||2 eggs, slightly beaten|
|-||1 tablespoon onion, grated|