- TO MAKE THE SYRUP: The lemons should be room temperature or warmer before the juice is removed. This will make it easier to squeeze the juice from the fruit. Juice 3 to 4 lemons to produce 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice. Set juice aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and then add 1 1/2 cup of sugar. Continue to cook over medium low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh lemon juice. Stir to mix thoroughly and then allow the mixture to cool.
- The lemon syrup can be stored in the refrigerator until needed or it can be mixed with water to produce lemonade.
- TO MAKE THE LEMONADE: add lemon syrup to 4 1/2 cups of water. Taste to test for sweetness. If necessary, add a little more water. Refrigerate until chilled or serve over ice.
- To make a single serving, add 1/3 cup of syrup to 3/4 cup of water.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|-||1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice, 3 to 4 lemons|
|-||1/2 cup water|
|-||1 1/2 cups sugar|