- Peel the apples and cut into quarters. Remove the cores and cut quarters into 1/2" thick slices.
- Place the slices in a bowl of cold lemon water to prevent browning. Soak for 5 or 10 minutes and then drain the apples and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter until it is bubbling.
- Add the apple slices to the skillet and continue to cook over medium high heat for approximately 5 minutes or until tender crisp and beginning to brown. Turn several times to brown evenly.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to cook until sugar has melted and started to caramelize.
- Apple slices should be tender. Serve as a side dish while still warm.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||4 Jonagold Apples (or any other good cooking apple, such as Braeburn or Granny Smith)|
|-||2 tablespoons butter or margarine|
|-||4 tablespoons brown sugar|