- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla, add eggs one at a time while beating.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Add batter mixture along with milk--beat on low speed until combined completely. Stir in chopped nuts.
- Coat entire inside of spring-form pan with cooking spray. Pour into prepared pan and baked at 325Âº for 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean (one inch from outside of pan).
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Chocolate Topping: in a small sauce pan, bring whipping cream almost to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately stir in choppped chocolate until melted.
- Release sides of spring-form pan and place pie on serving plate.
- Spread chocolate topping on top and down the sides. Cut in about 12 wedges and garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: The pie will cut more easily, if it is made a day ahead and refrigerated.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||2/3 cup butter, unsalted|
|-||1 1/4 cups granulated sugar|
|-||1/2 cup corn syrup (light)|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||2 large eggs|
|-||1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|-||1/2 cup baking cocoa|
|-||2 tablespoons instant expresso powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||3 tablespoons milk|
|-||2 cups nuts- chopped (pecans, walnuts or almonds)|
|-|| plus extra for garnish if desired|
|-||8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (8 squares) chopped|
|-||8 ounces heavy whipping cream|
|-|| garnishs that can be used include:|
|-|| ice cream, fresh fruit, nuts, whipped topping|