- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon until crisp and crumbled. Remove from pan.
- Reserve drippings to sautÃ© green onions and mushrooms until tender. Add sautÃ©ed vegetables and crumbled bacon to 3/4 cup of cooked wild rice and chopped parsley.
- Lightly stuff squab with wild rice mixture. Truss legs with dental floss or cooking string.
- Bake leftover wild rice mixture alongside the squab. Brush squab with olive oil before baking.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until tender. Baste squab with wine 2 to 3 times while baking. Serve on a bed of rice.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 2 quart baking dish
|-||6 green onions, chopped|
|-||6 fresh mushrooms, chopped|
|-||2 slices bacon|
|-||2 cups cooked wild rice (divided)|
|-||2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|-||1/2 cup white wine|