- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, combine in a small saucepan over medium heat the ingredients for the topping. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour hot topping on cake immediately after it is removed from the oven.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. May garnish with whipped topping if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||2 cups all purpose flour|
|-||2 cups white sugar|
|-||2 cans mandarin orange (11 oz. each), drained|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar, packed|
|-||3 tablespoons butter|
|-||3 tablespoons milk|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla|