- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the outside of the pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease the inside of pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, espresso, and sugar, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves; bring to a boil.
- Place the chopped chocolate pieces in a large bowl and add the boiling chocolate mixture; then blend until smooth and chocolate is completely melted. Cool.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and salt; beat until completely blended.
- Pour into spring-form pan that has the outside sealed from any seepage. Place pan inside a larger pan. Pour about 2 inches of hot water into outside pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean and the center of torte is set. Remove from water and cool.
- Cover cooled cake and refrigerate 12 hours before serving.
- Place frozen or fresh raspberries in a food processor with a steel blade and puree until smooth.
- Add the corn syrup and liqueur, pulse until blended.
- Chill and serve over cake.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 inch spring-form pan
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||1 1/2 cups unsalted butter - cubed|
|-||3/4 cup espresso coffee|
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar, packed|
|-||15 ounces bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped|
|-||8 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-|| Pinch of salt|
|-|| cocoa powder for dusting|
|-|| RASPBERRY SAUCE:|
|-||16 ounces raspberries, frozen or fresh|
|-||1/3 cup corn syrup|
|-||1 tablespoon orange or raspberry flavored liqueur|