- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- If using frozen hash browns, thaw and press out any excess moisture with paper towels. Press hash browns into pie plate or quiche pan to form a full crust. Brush crust with melted butter or margarine, making sure to cover the top edges of crust.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over hot crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375º F. Cut each tomato into 8 wedges and remove the seeds. Arrange wedges over the melted cheese. In a blender or food processor, add basil leaves and garlic cloves, and process until coarsely chopped. Sprinkle this mixture over the tomatoes.
- In a bowl, combine parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and pepper. Spread this mixture over the top of the quiche.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: 10" quiche pan or pie plate
|-||20 ounces to 24 ounces hash browns, refrigerated or frozen|
|-||1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted|
|-||2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided|
|-||6 plum tomatoes|
|-||1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed|
|-||2 cloves or 3 cloves of garlic|
|-||1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded|
|-||1/8 teaspoon black pepper|