- Remove leaves and core from a medium (about 1 1/2 lb) head of cauliflower and divide into florets. Extra-large florets can be sliced in half lengthwise for more even cooking.
- Slice the onion into thin slices and separate into rings. Soak the dried tomatoes in warm water - just enough to cover them. Prepare the olives by removing any pits and cutting the olives in half.
- Cook the cauliflower pieces until just tender (don't let them get mushy): microwave in a covered dish about 5 minutes, or simmer in 1/2 cup water in a saucepan about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or sautÃ© pan large enough to easily hold the cauliflower. Over medium heat, sautÃ© the onions in the olive oil until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the olives, the drained tomatoes, the cooked and drained cauliflower.
- Stir over medium heat just enough to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste: start with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of pepper; taste and add more if necessary
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: saute pan, microwavable dish
|-||1 1/2 pounds cauliflower|
|-|| olives ( use very flavorful ones)|
|-||1 ounce sundried tomatoes|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-|| salt and pepper|