- Prepare rice according to directions on box.
- In a large skillet, cook sliced sausage* over high heat until browned, stirring several times to avoid burning.
- Remove sausage from pan and add oil, onions, zucchini, peppers, garlic, corn, and dry seasonings. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked rice and the beans, continuing to cook until all ingredients are hot.
- Remove from heat and add sausage. Season to taste and serve.
*Alternative: If turkey kielbasa is unavailable, use smoked sausage or precooked polish sausage.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: large skillet
|-||12 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into thick slices|
|-||1 tablespoon canola oil|
|-||1 large sweet onion, finely chopped|
|-||2 medium zucchini, unpeeled and diced|
|-||1 medium sweet red pepper, diced|
|-||1 medium yellow pepper, diced|
|-||2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced|
|-||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||7 ounces canned corn, drained|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cumin (adjust to taste)|
|-||1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground thyme|
|-||3/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)|
|-||1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (adjust to taste)|
|-||2 cups cooked rice|
|-||19 ounces canned black beans, drained|