- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, brown beef, onion and garlic. Continue to stir while breaking up meat. Drain excess fat.
- Add oregano, ground cumin, salt, pepper, and green chilies. Cook for approximately 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add refried beans and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place meat and bean mixture in the middle of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold up the bottom of the tortilla, then the sides, then fold down the top. Place in a baking dish and cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Heat in oven 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish as desired. Suggested garnishes: salsa, shredded cheese, diced green onions, black olives.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: large, heavy skillet
|-||1 pound lean ground beef|
|-||1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground oregano|
|-||2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|-||4 ounces diced green chilies|
|-||16 ounces refried beans|
|-||10 ounces enchilada sauce|
|-||2 cups shredded cheese (sharp Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack)|