- In a large, non-stick skillet, melt butter or spray with no-stick cooking oil.
- Lay tortilla flat in the prepared skillet over medium high heat.
- Place desired fillings to cover 1/2 of the flat tortilla. When cheese begins to melt, fold over the tortilla and continue to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Remove from pan. The quesadilla can be cut into 3 triangles and garnished as desired.
- Quesadillas, with filling, can be folded in half and placed in a 350Âº F oven until cheese has melted.
- Filling suggestions: fresh mushrooms, corn, black beans, black olives, cooked and cubed meats.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||8 9-inch tortillas|
|-||2 cups shredded cheese (Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese blend)|
|-||3 tablespoons green chilies, diced|
|-||1/2 cup green onion, diced|
|-||1 tablespoon butter, optional|