- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, add juice from the orange (approximately 1/2 cup), granted orange rind, beaten eggs, and chopped cranberries.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a 1 cup measure; add enough boiling water to equal a total of 3/4 cup of liquid. Blend this in with other liquid mixture.
- Blend liquid mixture with flour mixture. Mix well and add nuts if desired.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool and wrap tightly in foil. Store 24 hours before eating.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||2 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 orange, rind & juice|
|-||2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|-|| boiling water|
|-||1 each egg|
|-||1 cup raw cranberries, cut into thirds|
|-||1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)|