- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the granulated sugar and water. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves; then bring to a boil.
- Add the fresh cranberries, dried cherries, brown sugar, grated fresh ginger root, orange zest, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Lower the heat and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, allow the sauce to cool, and then refrigerate.
- The sauce can be refrigerated for approximately 1 week. It can also be frozen for long-term storage.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 1 medium sauce pan
|-||1/2 cup water|
|-||1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|-||1 cup fresh cranberries|
|-||1/2 cup dried cherries|
|-||1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|-||1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely grated|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange zest, grated|