- Brush the gas or charcoal grill grates with oil to prevent salmon from sticking.
- Place rack approximately 4" from heat source and preheat the grill (the fire should be very hot).
- Rub a thin coat of oil on the salmon to prevent sticking.
- Grill salmon, flesh side down, for 5 minutes. At this point you can choose to turn the salmon over or cover with foil. Grill for 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- To check for doneness, cut into the center with a sharp knife. If salmon appears flakey, it is done. Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||2 pounds salmon fillets|
|-||4 salmon steaks, 1/4 lb. to 1/3 lb. each|
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin|
|-|| salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|-||1 lemon, wedged for garnish|