- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- TO MAKE CRUST: in a medium bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, salt, vegetable oil and milk until well blended. Place mixture in the pie plate.
- Using your hands, spread mixture to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let crust cool.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZE: combine in a medium saucepan, water, sugar and cornstarch. Bring mixture to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook until the glaze is clear and has thickened.
- Remove from the stove and add 3 tablespoons of peach jello to the glaze, stirring until blended. Cool.
- Wash the fresh peaches; remove the skin and slice.
- Fill the cooled pie crust heaping full with fresh sliced peaches. Pour cooled glaze to cover peaches. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Cut and serve with a dollop of whipped topping if desired
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: 9-inch pie pan
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||5 pounds fresh peaches|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|-||2 tablespoons milk|
|-||1 cup water|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch|
|-||3 tablespoons dry peach jello|