- Preheat oven to 375Âº F.
- To make the crust, combine in a medium bowl the flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, salt, vegetable oil and milk until well blended.
- Place mixture in the pie plate. Using your hands, spread mixture to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let crust cool.
- To make the glaze, combine in a medium saucepan, water, sugar and cornstarch. Bring mixture to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook until the glaze is clear and has thickened.
- Remove from the stove and add 3 tablespoons of strawberry jello to the glaze, stirring until blended. Cool.
- Wash the fresh strawberries, removing the stems, and cut in half or quarters depending on the size of the berry. Heap the cooled pie crust full of fresh sliced strawberries. Pour cooled glaze over the top of the berries.
- Refrigerate for a least an hour before serving. Cut and serve with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|-||2 tablespoons milk|
|-||2 quarts fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced.|
|-||1 cup water|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch|
|-||3 tablespoons dry strawberry jello|