- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the pan with a vegetable spray. (Use regular pie pan or a tart pan with a removable bottom.)
- Sift together flour, salt and confectioners sugar into a small bowl. Blend in the ground walnuts and then beat in the cooled melted margarine/butter and vanilla extract until all combines and forms a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the tart/pie pan with your fingers until it is evenly distributed on the bottom and sides of pan.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, place on a wire rack to cool. Fill with a filling of your choice.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: 9" tart pan
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||1 cup all-purpose flour|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 cup confectioners sugar|
|-||1/2 cup ground walnuts|
|-||1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|