- Smear the chicken with Squeezed lime juice. Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then, clean it up.
- Puree all the ingredients with blender, then saute the puree until it smells aromatically.
- Put in 7 pieces of chicken, then add 3 Tbs. water, stir until it is dried.
- Take the dried banana palm leaves for covering the chickens.
- Put lemon basils on top of each banana palm leaf.
- Add 1 piece of chicken, and give other lemon basils on the top of the chicken and put a piece of tomato.
- Wrap up the banana leaves until it covers all. Pin the banana palm leaf with small skewers/toothpicks in the corner and the middle.
- Repeat the 5-7 step for the 6 other pieces of chicken.
- Steam the chickens wrapped with banana palm leaf for about 40 minutes.
- Delicious steamed chickens wrapped with banana palm leaf are ready to serve.
- For chicken: Usually in Indonesia, most of recipes use ayam kampung for better dishes. Ayam kampung is a traditional-raised chicken with low fat under its skin, has yellow-coloured skin and lean and tender meat. It lives freely and searches its food itself.
- For MSG enhancer: You can either follow the recipe or use another MSG enhancer, like Accent Flavor Enhancer, with your desired measurement.
- For banana palm leaf: Alternatively, if you cannot find any banana palm leaf, you can look for aluminum foil or cooking paper.
|-|| ½ kg (approx. 1 lb) chicken, cut in to 7 pcs|
|-|| Lemon basil leaves|
|-||1 tomato cut into 7 pcs|
|-||1 cm galangal|
|-||1 cm ginger|
|-||1 cm turmeric|
|-|| ½ tsp chili powder|
|-||6 cloves of garlic|
|-||4 cloves of onion|
|-||1 tablespoon Knorr All-in-One|
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-|| ½ tsp sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon candlenut|
|-||2 pcs kaffir lime for removing the raw chicken smell|
|-||4 tablespoons cooking oil for sautÃ©ing|
|-|| Banana palm leaves (make it wither by drying it on a stove)|